Thursday, April 2, 2009

Why do kids revolt and melt when it's just Dad?

So, tonight Michelle is off with the girls at some Relief Society thing and I am watching the kids. They've done alright most of the night, but then when it's time to get ready for bed all emotions are thrown in the wind and they start crumbling. Easton has to be prodded and herded to every task like cattle, Conner seems to forget everything you ask him and then deny emphatically he didn't hear you, and Ella... oh, Ella. She just bursts into tears wailing, "Mommy, Mommy, I want Mommy..." continuously in one monotonous mumble.

My patience is being tested... and right now they're REALLY testing it. Let's hope 15 minutes of reading without me yelling at them will do the trick. Blog out.

2 comments:

Russ and Emily Christman said...

I am laughing because I can empathize. I have been there a few times. That is why 8:00 bedtime is the best.

Rick said...

What a sad looking bunch! Most of our crying happens in the morning, and it's usually because Rick doesn't want to wake up. j/k PJ does not like to be woke up and she will turn over and pull the covers back up as many times as you let her.