Friday, October 19, 2007

Just Something to Think About

It's Friday, it's been a long week, and I have hit a wall as far as trying to get motivated at work and kick some serious butt. So, what do I do to try and get over these humps? (Besides thinking about not doing them and what the consequences would be.) I walk away from my desk for a little bit, chit chat with some people, come back to my desk, sit down and.... watch TV shows online. What?!?! Were you expecting something more motivational?

Well, let me explain. By washing my brain completely of everything I was thinking of before, this allows me to "veg". Once I've had a good "vegging", I strap on my headphones, crank up some Jimi Hendrix, and pound out a good 30-45 minutes of work. Then the cycle repeats. WARNING - don't try this if you have specific goals to meet by the hour, or day. I can get away with this for two reasons: I'm much smarter than anyone else in my group and therefore good at what I do, and I can type and think really fast, so that 30-45 minutes of work actually equates to about 4 hours of someone else.

What's the point in this blog. Nothing... except maybe it gave you enough time to start clearing your head. Now, go here and finish the job, and then get back to work.

3 comments:

Leenz said...

Inspiring. I too use this method.

embeins said...

It must be an internet company kind of thing...

D&A said...

Oh my gosh... I loved your blog. I use that technique all the time as a mom. :) I only wish I had your humility too. ;) Thanks to leenz for linking to your blog, give our best to your wife and kids. Namaste from India -- Ange McIllece